This is a list of some helpful tips and tricks. Feel free to add your own to this list!
- The key to "pop" worms is to just go near them. But not close too close to them, then you speed across them and "pop" them.!
- Unlike in the similar you do not lose any length over time. Therefore there's no rush to keep eating pellets and you can take as much time as you'd like to enjoy being large.
- "Coiling" is a popular strategy that involves using your length to create a complete circle around an opponent and slowing crushing them until they're forced to run into you and "pop". However, while coiling around an opponent you present a much smaller target and are vulnerable to being coiled yourself!
- Coiling can also be used to encircle a large group of pellets, preventing them from being eaten by other players.
- Coiling can take time and there are situations where it may be more useful to abort coiling if lots of pellets are nearby.
- Don't be afraid to cross your own tail. Unlike in the classic arcade game, you're free to cross your own tail in Slither.io. This can be used to your advantage if you need to get away from a player who's trying to get in your way or to block someone from picking up a large amount of pellets you're aiming for.
- Just like you can use your own tail for advantage, you can use tails of other snakes to your advantage as there are situations where combination of your and other player's tail can cut off a third player.
- Be cautious around snakes that are the same color and size as yourself. You may think you're crossing your own tail only to find it was an opponent, but by then it will be too late!